Microsoft has introduced its popular Edge browser for iOS and Android. available initially as a preview, this brigs familiar features like Favorites, Reading List, New Tab, Reading View across PC and Phone etc. You can continue on your PC, which enables you to immediately open the page you’re looking at right on your PC-or Save it to work later.
On iOS, it uses WebKit engine as provided by iOS inthe WKWebView control. On Android it uses blink rendering engine from the Chromium browser project and expects to keep up with Chromium releases, like other Chromium-base Android browsers.
The company said: “Microsoft Edge for iOS should match the version of Safari that is currently available for iOS.”
Edge browser is currently in preview for Android and iOS and is available only for Windows insiders. You can signup here to try the browser.
Source: Windows Blog
- Go anywhere and pick up where you left off by easily moving content between your mobile devices and your Windows 10 PC.
- From PC to Mobile, browse seamlessly across your devices while your information syncs in the background.
- Passwords and favorites are synced across your devices so your browser is always personalized to you.
- Hub View makes it easy to find and manage your content like favorites. reading list, history and books all in one place.
- Reading View allows you to reorganize the content on a webpage to make it easier to focus on what you’re reading.
- Find, view and share content effortlessly with a built-in QR Code Reader to pull up information at a touch of a button, Voice Search to use the web in more familiar ways and inPrivate mode to keep your browsing data private.